1. Can I replace my detergent with Vanish products?
No. You will need to continue using your usual detergent. Vanish products have been formulated for use alongside your detergent not to replace it.
2. Can I get stains out of wool or silk by using Vanish?
Our Gel range can be used on both wool and silk. Always follow the washing instructions on your garments. For detailed information please see our dedicated product pages.
3. Will these products affect the colour of my wash?
It is perfectly safe to use Vanish on your clothes without fading colours. If however you have any doubts about using Vanish on any of your garments always test a small area first.
4. Can I use Vanish Power Shots Gel Caps for hand washing?
This product is not suitable for hand washing. They are designed for use exclusively in washing machines. Please see the Vanish Power Shots product page for detailed information.
5. Can I use bleach with Vanish products?
We do not recommend using bleach with Vanish products. If you are looking to brighten your whites we recommend using one of our Vanish Crystal White Fabric Stain Remover range products.
6. What temperature should I use with Vanish products?
Vanish is suitable to use at all temperatures and can even be used at 30 degrees.
7. I have to wash many whites and hate how they become greyish with time. What can I do?
The Vanish Crystal White Fabric Stain Remover range is designed to help prevent this and has whitening agents to keep your whites crystal white!
8. I have to wash many different coloured clothes and I'm really afraid of discolouration. What can I do?
Use Vanish Magnets. Vanish Magnets are proven to help avoid discolouration and also help remove stains.